Director – Maternity Leave Coverage (16 months, full time)
About Plan Institute
Plan Institute is a social enterprise that works to improve the lives of people with disabilities through innovation, education, and leadership.
- Innovation– We engage in social innovation through community-based projects and partnerships that help to improve the lives of those living with disabilities.
- Education– We offer educational initiatives designed for individuals, families and organizations; including workshops, courses, retreats, publications and resources.
- Leadership– We provide collaborative leadership by convening a diverse group of stakeholders to encourage public policy reform and system transformation.
Plan Institute builds on the almost 30 years of PLAN’s (Planned Lifetime Advocacy Network) experience by working with families to build a good life for people with disabilities, and has 7 affiliate organizations throughout the country and abroad. Check out our website to find out more about Plan Institute: planinstitute.ca.
Plan Institute was incubated by and continues to collaborate with our sister organization, PLAN. PLAN partners with families and people with disabilities to build personal support networks, foster more inclusive communities, and facilitate planning for a good life. Check out PLAN’s website to find out more about PLAN: plan.ca.
The Successful Candidate
We are looking for an experienced, energetic and caring individual who is inspired by our organizational values and vision. This role will work collaboratively with all members of the team in propelling Plan Institute’s vision outwards into the community. The individual in this position must be able to work both autonomously and collaboratively, with a high volume of tasks and deliverables, while looking for opportunities for growth, support, and partnership. Our organization has a strong belief in a collaborative and flat leadership style, and we are looking for an engaging individual to lead our team alongside Plan Institute and PLAN’s joint Executive Director.
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively within a team setting.
- Experience in organizational management & oversight, including overseeing staff and budget management.
- Excellent writing skills, including experience with report, grant, and proposal writing.
- Fund development experience considered a strong asset.
- Experience with board management and collaboration, and an understanding of not for profit governance.
- Capacity to balance meticulous attention to detail while overseeing multiple deliverables on various initiatives.
- Exceptional time management and multitasking skills, with an ability to work with a diverse group of people on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong initiative and accountability.
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented, while maintaining flexibility and adaptability.
- Experience working with multiple partners and stakeholders, including foundations, government, corporations, and not-for-profit organizations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and connection-building skills.
- Understanding of and experience in the family-led disability movement and other marginalized populations, as well as the concepts of asset-based community development considered a strong asset.
- Experience working in non-profit organizations in a leadership role.
- Experience with Mac OS and Mac Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with the Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) is astrong asset.
- Experience with disability planning is astrong asset.
- Oversee all operational and oversight components of the organization, including staff team.
- Work collaboratively with Executive Director on organizational governance, as well as implementing strategic direction.
- Responsible for all grant and proposal writing, as well as seeking new funding opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director on fund development initiatives (i.e. donor campaigns, sponsorships, etc.), from design to implementation.
- Work collaboratively with the Manager of Finance on organizational budget.
- Oversee Board of Directors management, with support from Administrator.
- Lead and nurture relationships with partners and affiliates (including PLAN) through various initiatives, maintaining relationships and expanding partnerships where appropriate.
- Manage government and corporate partnerships.
- Collaborate with the entire Plan Institute team on the integration of all organizational initiatives.
- Other duties as required.
Compensation & Work Schedule
- This is a maternity leave coverage posting. The employee contract will run from April 30th, 2018 until September 6, 2019 (16 months).
- The hours are full-time (37.5 hours per week), with a Monday to Friday schedule.
- Competitive compensation, including a benefits plan, three weeks’ vacation, and an RRSP matching program.
- Please note our office will be moving this spring to 312 Main Street, Vancouver, a collaborative co‑working space.
How to Apply
- Please apply here.
- We thank all applicants for their consideration of this position. Only shortlisted applicants who have applied through our application form will be contacted.
- Job posting closes on February 25, 2018.