Manager of Communications and Marketing – Maternity Leave Coverage
(16 months, 4 days/week)
About Plan Institute
Plan Institute is a social enterprise that works to improve the lives of people with disabilities through innovation, education, and leadership. We do so by collaborating on community-based projects, offering a suite of learning initiatives, and advocating for policy reform.
- Innovation– We engage in social innovation through community-based projects and partnerships that help to improve the lives of those living with disabilities.
- Education– We offer educational initiatives designed for individuals, families and organizations, including workshops, courses, retreats, publications and resources.
- Leadership– We provide collaborative leadership by convening a diverse group of stakeholders to encourage public policy reform and system transformation.
Plan Institute builds on the almost 30 years of PLAN’s (Planned Lifetime Advocacy Network) experience by working with families to build a good life for people with disabilities, and has 7 affiliate organizations throughout the country and abroad. Check out our website to find out more about Plan Institute: planinstitute.ca
Plan Institute was incubated by and continues to collaborate with our sister organization, PLAN. PLAN partners with families and people with disabilities to build personal support networks, foster more inclusive communities and facilitate planning for a good life. Check out PLAN’s website to find out more about PLAN: plan.ca.
The Successful Candidate
We are looking for a positive and energetic individual who has a strong background in communications or related field and who is inspired by our organizational values and vision. This position requires a highly-organized individual with initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
The successful candidate will be required to develop, implement and oversee all communications and marketing initiatives, manage social media platforms, editorial calendar, write our newsletter, and engage with stakeholders to increase brand awareness and build relationships. The candidate must be technologically proficient, adaptable, have excellent design and exceptional writing skills, and enjoy a highly collaborative environment.
- Background in communications, marketing, or related field
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Design experience and proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress
- Able to work with a diverse group of people on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Organized, hard working, detail-oriented, comfortable working under pressure and deadlines
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and connection-building skills
- Effective coordination and time management skills
- Creative thinking, troubleshooting, problem solving skills
- Proficiency with web applications (i.e.: Mailchimp, Highrise, Shopify, Zapier, Wufoo, etc.)
- Experience with Mac considered an asset
- Plans, carries out, and oversees all communications and marketing initiatives
- Produces newsletter: includes sourcing material, writing, editing, planning and scheduling
- Promotes publications and workshops
- Manages social media and blog
- Develops strategic marketing plans for various projects and initiatives
- Manages several websites, online store, and web applications
- Designs brochures, posters, and other promotional material
- Works collaboratively with all team members on various marketing and communication initiatives
- Support and collaborate on fundraising campaigns, when necessary, with Executive Director & Director
- Other tasks as required
Compensation & Work Schedule
- 30 hours per week. Somewhat flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation, including a benefits plan, three weeks vacation, and an RRSP matching program.
- This is a maternity leave coverage posting. The employee contract will run from April 30th, 2018 until September 6, 2019 (16 months).
- Please note our office will be moving this spring to 312 Main Street, Vancouver, a collaborative co-working space.
How to Apply
- Please apply here.
- We thank all applicants for their consideration of this position. Only shortlisted applicants who have applied through our application form will be contacted.
- Job posting closes on February 25, 2018.