Thank you for your interest in our Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning Pilot Webinar.
We will be offering 3 new sessions in the Fall, 2018. To be notified as soon as soon the Fall webinars are open for registration, please e-mail us at email@example.com
Webinars can be viewed online from anywhere in BC, outside of the Lower Mainland.
*If you reside in the Lower Mainland, BC and are interested in this workshop, please click here for Plan Institute’s in-house Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning Workshop.
About the Webinar
How do you arrange your estate to support and protect your family member with a disability? Becoming well-informed about wills, trusts and estate planning is necessary to secure the financial future of your loved one with a disability and give you peace of mind. British Columbians can now access Plan Institute’s highly successful Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning (WTE) course online. In this webinar, estate-planning attorney Brendan Pooran explains how to arrange your estate, prepare a will, and the various ins and outs of setting up a trust specifically for your relative or loved-one with a disability.
This webinar will provide participants with practical information on the following topics:
- Why and how to write and update a will when there is a family member with a disability
- Ways in which to ensure your loved one with a disability is protected when family passes away
- The types of trusts available for people with disabilities, including the differences between discretionary and Non-discretionary, Testamentary and Inter-vivos
- The various tax rates differences between Trusts, including recent federal changes, and their implications
- The roles and responsibilities of Executors and Trustees
- Tips for finding the right lawyer for you and your family
The webinar will also feature a live Q & A session during which a local lawyer will be available to answer your questions.
Who should attend
Families/caregivers who have a loved-one with a disability
Brendan Pooran is the founder of and a Principal lawyer at Pooran Law. He regularly provides advice to individuals, families, organizations, and government in the areas of: wills & estates planning; disability law; and corporate law for not-for-profit and charitable organizations.
Laurie Geschke is a lifetime member of PLAN, as well as being a dedicated parent and volunteer who has worked with a variety of non-profit, non-government organizations for over 30 years.
*Please note that registration is limited to 25 people so early registration is encouraged.
**If you want to be added to a waitlist or notified about future workshops please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.