We are very pleased to see that legislation was passed today that will give Canadians with disabilities a one-time benefit of $600 to help cover extra COVID19 costs. Today, the Honourable Carla Qualtrough, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Disability Inclusion, announced the news that the Government of Canada intends to make the benefit available to more people and expand the one-time payment to include approximately 1.7 million Canadians with disabilities, who are recipients of any of the following federal programs or benefits:
- people who receive the Disability Tax Credit,
- CPP disability payments,
- or supports from Veterans Affairs Canada.
Included in the new, revised disability benefit legislation:
- 1-time federal $600 benefit
- Expanded eligibility covers 1.7 million Canadians
- 60 days to apply for Disability Tax Credit (DTC) if not already approved
- No need to apply for the 1-time benefit if you already have the DTC, CPP or Veterans disability. You will receive it automatically in the coming weeks.
Do you need help applying for the Disability Tax Credit (DTC)? We can help! Call our toll-free helpline to get started and we will help you every step of the way. All of our services are free: 1-844-311-7526