Access RDSP is a province-wide partnership between Plan Institute, Disability Alliance BC (DABC), and BC Aboriginal Network on Disability Society (BCANDS), with the support of the Vancouver Foundation, to encourage financial security via uptake of the Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP). Our goal is to reduce barriers, spread awareness, and support British Columbians with disabilities to save for their future. A significant aspect of this partnership is the Endowment 150 Grant program which provides a one-time investment of $150.00 to British Columbians with an RDSP. All of our services are FREE.
Our support includes:
- DTC Support – DABC advocates provide direct support by helping people who are eligible for the RDSP to apply for the DTC, a pre-requisite for the RDSP.
- Help with the RDSP – Plan Institute operates a Disability Planning Helpline (1-844-311-7526) – 1:1 support is provided by expert advisors on key future planning and RDSP information.
- RDSP Webinars – These free webinars provide information for families, healthcare professionals, financial professionals, organizations, and other groups on the RDSP as well as the Disability Tax Credit. We offer two webinar options: Level 1 – intro to the RDSP for beginners, and Level 2 – for advanced learners.
- Indigenous RDSP Navigation – If you are an Indigenous person living with a disability, the BCANDS RDSP Navigation program can help you to open an RDSP and assist you in meeting future financial needs.
- $150 Grant for BC Residents – Plan Institute is administering Endowment 150, a $150 one-time grant aimed at helping individuals and families with low incomes save for the future by jump-starting their RDSP.
For more information on this project and partnership, click here.
For more information on the Endowment 150 fund or to apply, please click here.