Plan Institute is looking for committed and passionate individuals to join us as Community Outreach Volunteers.
Community Outreach Volunteers will represent Plan Institute at events across the lower mainland. Volunteers will provide information to individuals with disabilities, families, and professionals to support financial and future planning efforts in the community.
As part of this role, volunteers will be required to travel to different locations across the lower mainland. This includes collecting event materials from Plan Institute staff and transporting them to and from events. While driving is not a requirement, all volunteers must have access to a form of transport that allows them to carry out this role effectively. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each volunteer will be required to complete an initial round of training, with ongoing learning opportunities available.
While we are primarily recruiting Community Outreach Volunteers, we may also need occasional volunteer support with other activities, such as marketing and communications, research, or administrative tasks. When completing the volunteer application, please indicate whether you are also interested in other areas of volunteer support.
This position will provide valuable non-profit and community volunteer experience, as well as a chance to develop your communication skills and knowledge around various aspects of disability financial and future planning and empowerment.
Apply here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GPHZHQ3
• Communicate with a wide range of individuals, including persons with a disability, family members and professionals.
• Provide information about Plan Institute’s programs and services at community events. • Set up and take down display table materials and resources.
• Answer questions and refer to resources and supports available.
• Take contact information for people who would like to receive further information or support.
• Connect with other exhibitors at events to exchange information and resources that may be helpful when supporting others.
• Complete volunteer feedback and hour tracking sheet after each event.
• Provide feedback to the Plan Institute team on community supports and resources, when appropriate.
• Other community support and information provision opportunities, as available.