Our mission is to improve the lives of people with disabilities and their families so that they can lead a good life now and in the future. We do this by offering a suite of educational initiatives, collaborating on community based projects, and advocating for policy reform.
Plan Institute envisions a future where all people with disabilities are able to live good lives. For every human being, a good life is based on five elements:
- Being supported by a network of caring family and friends
- Being recognized for the important contributions they make to society
- Having their wishes respected in the decision making process
- Having a plan to ensure financial security
- Living comfortably in a place of their choosing