Thank you for your interest in the Final Act of Kindness planning guide!
The guide is currently available as an e-book download. To purchase and download your guide, please click the link below. Afterwards, scroll down for the 10 steps to making the most of your Final Act of Kindness Planning Guide!
About the Final Act of Kindness:
Plan Institute believes that all of us can use assistance to better plan for our passing. We have developed this resource with two distinct readers in mind.
The first reader is the individual who, in anticipation of his or her passing, wishes to ensure that their affairs are in order. The second reader is the family member or person assigned with the responsibility of carrying out the final wishes of a person who has passed on.
The recording of your final wishes and the organizing of your affairs is an act of kindness for those you leave behind. This is because in the hours and days following your passing your loved ones will be required to make many important decisions.
By completing this resource you assist your family to make these decisions. This will give you the peace of mind that comes from knowing you are prepared for death when it comes. And, you have made your passing as easy a transition as possible for those you’ve left behind.
10 Steps to making the most of your Final Act of Kindness planning guide:
- As soon as you receive your copy, download your Final Act of Kindness Guide and save it to your computer in a location you will remember easily. You may wish to rename the file so that it is uniquely identified with you, for example “Final Act of Kindness – Your Name”.
- Open your Final Act of Kindness Guide and begin filling it out in your own time. To open the PDF file, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download this free program through this link: https://get.adobe.com/reader/. This PDF document is fillable, which means that you can enter your data directly onto the pages, by simply clicking where you see a blue text box (the fillable areas begin on Pg.15).
- Make sure to SAVE the document as you go! Each time you update or make changes to your guide, please make sure to go to ‘File’ and choose ‘Save’ – you don’t want to lose your progress!
- Once you have SAVED your changes, you may exit out of the guide and return to it at any time.
- It is a good idea to save a BACKUP copy on an external hard drive, USB key, CD on another computer – just in case something happens to the computer you’re working on.
- Once you have completed the guide, you might want to print a copy as well and keep it in a safe location.
- Remember that periodically reviewing your electronic Final Act of Kindness and updating it as needed is a wise practice. Printed copies may easily become outdated.
- If applicable, make sure the lawyer who holds your will has an up-to-date copy of your Final Act of Kindness guide.
- It is a good idea to document (perhaps with your lawyer) who you wish to see which parts of your Final Act of Kindness guide when the time comes.
- You’re all set!
- If you have any questions or concerns about your guide, please feel free to reach out to us at any time: email@example.com
*For help with downloading, filling out and saving your Final Act of Kindness e-book, please download the User Guide by clicking the button below.