Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning Workshop
1 seat $65
2 seats $90
About the workshop
Becoming well-informed about wills, trusts and estate planning is necessary to secure the financial future of your loved one with a disability. In this workshop, estate-planning attorney Halldor Bjarnason & Ken Kramer explain how to arrange your estate, prepare a will, and the various ins and outs of setting up a trust specifically for your relative or loved-one with a disability.
This course is hosted as a small group session where specific individual questions are answered. Each session is co-facilitated by one of our partner attorneys, along with a PLAN parent.
This workshop will provide participants with practical information on the following topics:
- Why and how to write and update a will when there is a family member with a disability
- Ways in which to ensure your loved one with a disability is protected when family passes away
- The types of trusts available for people with disabilities, including the differences between discretionary and Non-discretionary, Testamentary and Inter-vivos
- The various tax rates differences between Trusts, including recent federal changes, and their implications
- The roles and responsibilities of Executors and Trustees
- Tips for finding the right lawyer for you and your family
Who should attend
Families/caregivers who have a loved-one with a disability
Plan Institute Office, 312 Main Street, Vancouver BC
$65.00 per person or $90.00 for two
*Price includes accompanying worksheets and power point presentations.
Ken M. Kramer is the Founder and Principal of KMK Law Corporation and has worked with Plan Institute for a number of years.
Halldor Bjarnason is a partner with the Vancouver law firm – Access Law Group and has been facilitating the Wills, Trusts, & Estates Workshops for a number of years.
Laurie Geschke is a lifetime member of PLAN, as well as being a dedicated parent and volunteer who has worked with a variety of non-profit, non-government organizations for over 30 years.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-439-9566.