Type: Permanent, full-time position
Reports to: Executive Director
We are looking for a dynamic and self-led individual who has a strong background in communications, and whose values align with our mission and vision. We are seeking a new team member who can provide leadership to our team in communications, and one who is deeply rooted in listening to our community and ensuring our voice reflects those we empower. The Communications Manager role is responsible for all communications-related work of the organization. This includes everything from writing, designing, and executing content for various platforms, producing newsletters, managing websites, and engaging with stakeholders.
The candidate must have superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, be extremely detail oriented, and technologically proficient. The individual must be able to work both autonomously and collaboratively, with a high volume of tasks and deliverables, while looking for new opportunities and growing stakeholder relationships.
• Experience in non-profit communications.
• Deep understanding of disability-based language.
• Understanding of and experience in the family-led disability movement and other marginalized populations.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills.
• Strong attention to detail and proven skills in managing initiatives.
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Experience with content management systems such as WordPress.
• Graphic design experience and proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva.
• Experience in producing digital newsletters (Constant Contact preferred).
• Working knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Ads.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
• Experience with the following platforms is helpful: Highrise, Canva, Shopify, Zapier, Asana, Tweetdeck, Facebook Business Suite, Linktree, Survey Monkey.
Responsibilities of this position include:
• Develop, execute, and oversee all communications and marketing initiatives.
• Develop communications plans, ensuring integration and alignment of activities into organizational strategic and operational plans.
• Research, write, and produce content for social media, websites, newsletters, and public relations, ensuring consistency with organizational tone and language.
• Promote all workshops, courses, and events through standard channels while also looking for new opportunities.
• Plan and manage the design, content, and production of all marketing materials including brochures, posters, and other promotional material.
• Manage several websites, creating content, and updating regularly to ensure information is current.
• Coordinate with partner organizations to develop awareness campaigns and produce resources.
• Write and produce newsletters and other email campaigns.
• Work closely with all team members to promote initiatives, develop resources, and provide overall communications support where needed.
• Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of communication using tools such as Google Analytics, as well as intuition and social listening.
• Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders.