Introducing Plan Institute’s NEW Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning Webinar!
Webinars can be viewed online from anywhere in BC!
$25 per person
About the Webinar
How do you arrange your estate to support and protect your family member with a disability? Becoming well-informed about wills, trusts and estate planning is necessary to secure the financial future of your loved one with a disability and give you peace of mind. British Columbians can now access Plan Institute’s highly successful Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning Workshop online. In this webinar, estate-planning attorney Brendan Pooran explains how to arrange your estate, prepare a will, and the various ins and outs of setting up a trust specifically for your relative or loved-one with a disability.
This webinar will provide participants with an introduction to the following topics:
- Why and how to write and update a will when there is a family member with a disability
- Ways in which to ensure your loved one with a disability is protected when family passes away
- The types of trusts available for people with disabilities, including the differences between discretionary and Non-discretionary, Testamentary and Inter-vivos
- The various tax rates differences between Trusts, including recent federal changes, and their implications
- The roles and responsibilities of Executors and Trustees
- Tips for finding the right lawyer for you and your family
The webinar will also feature a live Q & A session during which a Local Lawyer and a Family Expert will be available to answer your questions directly.
Who should attend
Families/caregivers in British Columbia who have a loved-one with a disability.
Online (available to anyone in British Columbia).
Brendan Pooran is the founder of and a Principal lawyer at Pooran Law. He regularly provides advice to individuals, families, organizations, and government in the areas of: wills & estates planning; disability law; and corporate law for not-for-profit and charitable organizations.
Ken Kramer is the Founder and Principal of KMK Law Corporation and has been facilitating workshops with Plan Institute for a number of years.
Laurie Geschke is a lifetime member of PLAN, as well as being a dedicated parent and volunteer who has worked with a variety of non-profit, non-government organizations for over 30 years.
*Please note that registration is limited to 25 people, therefore early registration is encouraged.
This webinar was developed by Plan Institute, with the generous support of Law Foundation of BC.