Introducing Plan Institute’s NEW Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning Webinar!
Webinars can be viewed online from anywhere in BC!
$25 per person
Please click the date of the webinar you’d like to attend in order to register.
Please check back soon for more upcoming webinar dates. If you would like to be notified about future workshops, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Webinar
How do you arrange your estate to support and protect your family member with a disability? Becoming well-informed about wills, trusts and estate planning is necessary to secure the financial future of your loved one with a disability and give you peace of mind. British Columbians can now access Plan Institute’s highly successful Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning Workshop online. In this webinar, estate-planning attorney Brendan Pooran explains how to arrange your estate, prepare a will, and the various ins and outs of setting up a trust specifically for your relative or loved-one with a disability.
This webinar will provide participants with an introduction to the following topics:
- Why and how to write and update a will when there is a family member with a disability
- Ways in which to ensure your loved one with a disability is protected when family passes away
- The types of trusts available for people with disabilities, including the differences between discretionary and Non-discretionary, Testamentary and Inter-vivos
- The various tax rates differences between Trusts, including recent federal changes, and their implications
- The roles and responsibilities of Executors and Trustees
- Tips for finding the right lawyer for you and your family
The webinar will also feature a live Q & A session during which a Local Lawyer and a Family Expert will be available to answer your questions directly.
Who should attend
Families/caregivers in British Columbia who have a loved-one with a disability.
Online (available to anyone in British Columbia).
Brendan Pooran is the founder of and a Principal lawyer at Pooran Law. He regularly provides advice to individuals, families, organizations, and government in the areas of: wills & estates planning; disability law; and corporate law for not-for-profit and charitable organizations.
Ken Kramer is the Founder and Principal of KMK Law Corporation and has been facilitating workshops with Plan Institute for a number of years.
Laurie Geschke is a lifetime member of PLAN, as well as being a dedicated parent and volunteer who has worked with a variety of non-profit, non-government organizations for over 30 years.
*Please note that registration is limited to 25 people, therefore early registration is encouraged.
This webinar was developed by Plan Institute, with the generous support of Law Foundation of BC.