Postponed – email us to be put on the notification list when new dates become available – email@example.com
About the workshop
This invaluable workshop focuses on the transition of passing the roll of supporting, advocating and caring for your relative with a disability from the parents’ generation to the next. After attending this workshop, both the current and future caregiving generations will be better prepared for their future role and parents or current primary caregivers will have clarity on the next steps in implementing their succession plan.
This full-day workshop is designed to inform and assist all members of the family and their successors to:
- Address concerns about the future and build a succession plan
- Hear how other families are creating peace of mind
- Consider how to share roles and responsibilities
- Identify key resources
- Balance wishes and obligations
- Identify short and long term actions
At the end of the workshop:
- Siblings and successors will be encouraged to develop a network of support with each other
- Parents will have clarity on the next steps in implementing their succession plan
- The next generation will be better prepared for their future role
- Your loved one with a disability will experience safety and security
- You will walk away with a work plan specific to your family
It is our hope that families will come together – both the current and future caregiving generations – to ensure a cohesive succession plan is built, inclusive of everyone. Families who don’t necessarily have a successor in mind are welcome to invite someone to support them as they go through the planning process.
Who should attend:
Families and support networks who have a loved one with a disability
$95 per primary family member, $45 for each additional family member.
*Included in workshop price: lunch, all handouts, planning resources and two publications
Ted Kuntz – Ted and his family were one of the first younger Lifetime Members of PLAN. Ted is a dedicated contributor to PLAN and serves as the current Board Chair of PLAN and PLAN Institute. Ted is truly treasured as a family leader and innovator.
Ted will be joined by family members who will share their experiences in planning for their loved one’s future.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-439-9566.