Access RDSP and the RDSP
On September 1st, 2016, Plan Institute, Disability Alliance of BC (DABC), and the British Columbia Aboriginal Network on Disability Society (BCANDS) launched a new 4-year project partnership called Access RDSP.
The project’s mandate is to increase the number of British Columbians who have a Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) through various supports and services. DABC will provide assistance with Disability Tax Credit (DTC) applications and information and workshops about the RDSP. Plan Institute operates an RDSP and disability planning information hotline (1-844-311-7526), hosts RDSP workshops, and helps individuals and families with low-incomes save for their future through the Endowment 150 fund, which provides a one-time $150 grant to help their RDSP grow. BCANDS will also provide RDSP and DTC assistance to indigenous British Columbians.
We are very excited to start work on this new collaboration. Our sincerest thanks to the Vancouver Foundation for supporting this work.
Our free support includes:
- DTC Support – DABC advocates provide direct support by helping people who are eligible for the RDSP to apply for the DTC, a pre-requisite for the RDSP.
- Help with the RDSP – Plan Institute operates a Disability Planning Helpline (1-844-311-PLAN) – 1:1 support provided by expert advisors, on key future planning and RDSP information.
- Free Info Sessions – Access RDSP offers RDSP and DTC learning sessions – information for families, healthcare professionals, financial professionals, organizations, and other groups.
- Indigenous RDSP Navigation – If you are an Indigenous person living with a disability, the BCANDS RDSP Navigation program can help you to open an RDSP to assist you in meeting future financial needs.
- $150 Grant for BC Residents – Plan Institute is administering Endowment 150, a $150 one-time grant aimed at helping individuals and families with low incomes save for the future by jump-starting their RDSP.
For more information on this project and partnership, click here.
For more information on the Endowment 150 fund or to apply, please click here.