Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning Workshop
1 seat $65
2 seats $90
Upcoming Course Dates:
To register, please click on your preferred course dates below.
- SOLD OUT – Thursday, January 30, 2020 from 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM (Facilitated by Ken Kramer & Laurie Geschke)
- Thursday, February 27, 2020 from 10:00 AM to 12:30 (Facilitated by Halldor Bjarnason & Laurie Geschke)
Please check back soon for more upcoming course dates. If you would like to be notified about future courses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About the workshop
Becoming well-informed about wills, trusts and estate planning is necessary to secure the financial future of your loved one with a disability. In this workshop, estate-planning attorney Halldor Bjarnason & Ken Kramer explain how to arrange your estate, prepare a will, and the various ins and outs of setting up a trust specifically for your relative or loved-one with a disability.
This course is hosted as a small group session where specific individual questions are answered. Each session is co-facilitated by one of our partner attorneys, along with a PLAN parent.
This workshop will provide participants with practical information on the following topics:
- Why and how to write and update a will when there is a family member with a disability
- Ways in which to ensure your loved one with a disability is protected when family passes away
- The types of trusts available for people with disabilities, including the differences between discretionary and Non-discretionary, Testamentary and Inter-vivos
- The various tax rates differences between Trusts, including recent federal changes, and their implications
- The roles and responsibilities of Executors and Trustees
- Tips for finding the right lawyer for you and your family
Who should attend:
Families/caregivers who have a loved-one with a disability*
*Please note that the focus of this workshop is on British Columbia Law and as such includes content that may not be applicable to the rest of Canada.
Plan Institute Office, 312 Main Street, Vancouver BC
$65.00 per person or $90.00 for two
*Price includes accompanying worksheets and power point presentations.
Ken M. Kramer is the Founder and Principal of KMK Law Corporation and has worked with Plan Institute for a number of years.
Halldor Bjarnason is a partner with the Vancouver law firm – Access Law Group and has been facilitating the Wills, Trusts, & Estates Workshops for a number of years.
Laurie Geschke is a lifetime member of PLAN, as well as being a dedicated parent and volunteer who has worked with a variety of non-profit, non-government organizations for over 30 years.
Ask about hosting a group session!
Are you a community organization or company that works with people with disabilities and their families? If you have a group of people whom you believe would benefit from participating in our Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning workshop, please email email@example.com to find out about hosting an in-person workshop at a location of your choice!
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-439-9566.