Online Workshop Handouts & Helpful Resources
Thank you for joining our online workshop. To help you get started with your estate planning, we’ve attached some helpful handouts below. Simply click on the link to download the attachment!
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are intended for use in conjunction with our Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning In-person workshops or Online workshops. Distribution of these resources or use of these documents without attending either the In-person workshops or Online workshops is prohibited. Thank you for understanding and we hope you find these insights helpful!
- Key Takeaways: A short document outlining the main points of this webinar.
- Trusts 101: A handy image to help you understand trusts.
- Glossary: Important terms relating to wills, trusts and estate planning.
- What is a Trust? – Video
- Will Planning Worksheet: Fill this out with your family and bring it to your lawyer!
- Estate Planning Documents Overview
- Questions for Professionals: A list of sample questions to ask a legal professional to ensure they are knowledgeable about disability-related estate planning.
- Lawyer Referral List: A list of lawyers who can help you secure your future.
- Provincial Disability Assistance
- BC Disability Benefits Help Sheets – Disability Alliance BC
- Family Support Institute Housing Workshops: In the search bar type “housing” and you will be shown a list of their upcoming housing workshops.
More Helpful Links from Plan Institute
Below is a list of helpful links to guide you on your way to planning a secure future for yourself or your loved one with a disability.
Future Planning Tool: A free online tool including Trusts and Estate Planning
Safe and Secure: Seven Steps on the Path to a Good Life for People with Disabilities: A free planning guide
Plan Institute workshops, courses, retreats and tele-seminars: RDSP, Will & Estate Planning, Personal Support Network Facilitation, and more.
Plan Institute Affiliates: A list of our affiliates who offer support to families across Canada
Plan Institute Newsletter: Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up-to-date with the latest financial tips, planning tools, advocacy resources, stories, upcoming events and more.
IMPACT-Ability Webinar Series: The ingenuity and creativity of people with disabilities and their families is a force that continues to change the world.
- Staying Socially Connected Webinar Series: A 5-part webinar series to help people stay connected during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Disability Planning, DTC & RDSP Helpline 1-844-311-PLAN (7526): A free helpline where you can ask experts all of your questions regarding disability planning!
Free $150 grant: Find out about the Endowment 150 Grant – a free $150 for your RDSP (BC residents only)
Final Act of Kindness: A planning resource to guide your loved ones after you are gone.
PLAN Vancouver: Personal Support Network Development